Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Arrr Me Matey

I had a swashbuckling time with this card, and I'm adding a bonus LO in my next post :)

Sail on over to Haunted Design House for this weeks challenge


I decided to make a stair step card after viewing 

After a few tries, my folds finally worked and I love the finished project.

Supplies:
Stampin' Up Beware Pirates and The Open Sea stamp sets
Stampin' Up Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Very Vanilla and Bravo Burgundy cardstock
Stampin' Up Real Red and Basic Brown ink refill
White, Black and Clear embossing powders
Red hemp, Black eyelets, Pop dots and adhesive


Card 6x12
I cut the card 1 1/2 in. from the top 3 inches in down to 1 1/2 in. from bottom.
Folding left side first down 1 1/2 in. then up 2in. then down 2in. then up again with remainder.  
Using my bone folder to make the folds very crisp.
Then I embossed everything, I went embossing crazy :)
The ships page I had fun again using my ink refill and slashing the red all over then stamped image in black and finished by clear embossing 6 times, cracking then dripping brown ink refill and rubbing in the cracks and back off the image.
Finaly added the anchor with hemp and eyelets.


I'm also posting this card at 
The Old Back Porch : 52 card pickup week 15

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I love it! Fabulous embossing on thsoe uber cool stamps. thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! The ledger page is particularly cool. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... wonderful step card....must learn how to do this.
    Thanks for joining in with us at HDH this week.
    BDx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo I love this card- I actually bought it for my sister who is a pirate fanatic. Thank you Colleen. It is even more amazing in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoy it :) Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!!! It's gonna be so fun.

      Delete