Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beauty is in the EYE of the beholder

Over at Haunted Design House this week the challenge is

This is my attempt at an eye :)
And I wanted to get the beautiful cherry trees that are in bloom in my yard.


Supplies:
Stampin' Up Bordering Blue, Confetti White and Basic Gray cardstock
Stampin' Up Marina Mist and Night of Navy ink pads
Stampin' Up Daisy stamp set
Stampin' Up Clear embossing powder and Versa mark pad
K&Company Halloween boarders 
Tear shaped bling, adhesive and pop dots


I started by cutting out a circle card, the white for the eye and the blue as a crescent moon.
I Stamped the flowers in blues for the iris then covered in versa mark and clear embossing powder for the sheen of the eye.  Then I popped some flowers around the skull, used as the pupil and popped everything up and placed it in the center.
I glued the spiders, used as the eye lashes along the eye lid and popped up the middle and adhered the sides. Inking the lid up a bit for shadow.
Finally adding the tear shaped bling in the corner.



3 comments:

  1. What a fun and unique take on our eyeball challenge! I especially LOVE the beetle bug eyelashes! And who doesn't adore a skull shaped pupil?! Fantastic work this week Colleen, and congrats on your win from last week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant not an attempt at all I would say a success. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design HOuse x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How cool and creative. Creepy but beautiful. thanks for joining us at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete