Friday, April 27, 2012

Colorful Clay

So I'm onto my 2nd and final post for the day :)
I made them last night thinking that I'd be free to spend the day with the kids,
So I'm super tired, late night :) But we will be enjoying the rest of the day together
getting to go out later with Daddy to take pic's of the beautiful trees blooming in the park.

This LO will be going into 3 Challenges...

Sketches In Thyme: Challenge #76

Colour Q: Challenge #134

and
Craft-room Challenge: Ink It

So here it is...TA DA


Supplies:
Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy, Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Vanilla Cardstock
Stampin' Up Embrace Life stamp set
Stampin' Up Calypso Coral and Bravo Burgundy ink pads
Stampin' Up Calypso Coral ribbon
Basic Grey Color Me Silly letter stickers
Carolees Creations Tiny Worn Navy letter stickers
Versa mark pad and Clear embossing powder
Creative Memories Orange pen
Pop dots, blender pen and adhesive

                    
I started by inking the edges of the Pumpkin Pie paper with Versa mark and then clear embossing them, I thought it added a little texture and since my oldest was getting crafty I thought it went with the pic's.  I Tore the edges of the Pool Party and then tore into some areas and stuck it into place. Then I stamped all over the Calypso Coral and inked the edges.  The fun part came when I punched the holes into the Bravo Burgundy and laced the ribbon ending in bows.  I popped up the bottom of the Bravo burgundy stripes and adhered the tops directly to the page then placed the Calypso Coral over the top.  I stamped the flower images onto Vanilla with Bravo Burgundy and colored them in with a blender pen and Calypso Coral ink sticking them where you see.  I made the title using the two letter sets and the flower with the stem image to anchor it and popped it up.  Finally I wrote the directions to make the clay all around the boarder of the Calypso Coral and the Ingredients as the journaling on the side.




11 comments:

  1. Lovely layout! I really like the way you used torn edges in a fresh way! A real cutie in the photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the clean, bright look! You can't go wrong with a good grid!

      Delete
  2. great layout!! thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful layout, the bright colours are really effective, I love the torn edges and background stamping behind the photos. Thanks for joining in with our Ink It challenge over at the Craft-Room.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun layout and cute pix! I just made some clay for my granddaughter but she just tries to eat it! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great double layout, and great use of that Stamp set, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super double layout, you have used the stamp set so well. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun two pages, Colleen, wonderful way to remember your son's adventures making clay. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great colors, tearing and love the ribbon across the bottom!!! Very cool!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Sketches in Thyme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this! The vibrant colors, the torn edges and the shine of the clear embossing, it's absolutely fab! Perfect for the artistic activity framed within, lol! I love the way you've included the recipe and directions in your journaling border around the photos. The ribbon stitching is a perfect finishing touch! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun, Colleen! LOVE how you've layered the torn cardstock, and your stitched ribbon is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete