Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easel card

Spring is in the air and the sky is filling up with the tweets from our feathered friends.  So I decided to put a taste of Spring in my card today.  I'll be putting it in three challenges...

Colour Q Challenge : #132 click here
where you make a project using the colors shown.

and
Retro Sketches: #6 click here
where you use the sketch shown.

 and finally 
Where anything goes, it's for the fun of sharing your creations.


Supplies:
Stampin' Up carstocks Basic Black, Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie
Stampin' Up inks Basic Black and Poppy Parade
Stampin Up Everyday Enchantment brads and Whisper White organza ribbon
Stampin Up Baroque Motifs stamp set
Creative Memories Cricut cartridge Reminisce Accents
Pop dots and adhesive


I started by cutting my Basic Black into a 6x12 piece and a 6x6 piece.  Then cut Poppy parade into a 5 1/2x 5 1/2 piece, stamped the swirl image in Poppy Parade on the Poppy Parade paper and mounted that onto the 6x6 Basic Black square.  Then I used my bone folder to create a diagonal fold on the face of the card to produce the easel, adhering the 6x6 piece to the right side of the diagonal only.  Then I cut out the Swallow image and shadow on my Cricut and glued together.  I added the ribbon and popped up the swallow in the corner of the Poppy Parade cs.  Then I pierced the brads in place, stamped the flower in Poppy Parade and the word cherish in Basic Black.  Cut out and Popped that up and placed on the inside corner. 


This is my second easel card and I love how it came out and hope that you enjoy it too :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of the colors...I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-14-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen this is so bright and fun! I love your background stamping and that swallow is so pretty.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at RetroSketches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely and quite unique with the fold, Colleen, love your background stamping on the Poppy as well. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried an easel card, but yours is so unique with the diagonal fold. The bird is so pretty with the contrasting shadows! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Colleen, this is beautiful! LOVE that ribbon and the cool bird, too! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches and colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete