Wednesday, April 11, 2012

MaD As a HAttEr

" Why is a Raven like a writting desk?"

That's my thought as I get crafty today.  I'm placing this card in two challenges:

Where you work from their sketch.

and 
Where you show them your Sunday best with ruffles, ribbons, lace and frills and of course anything is welcome but Alice in Wonderland is encouraged :)


Supplies:
Graphic 45 Hallowe'en in Wonderland paper pack
Creative Memories Cricut Cartridge Reminisce Accents
Stampin' Up Crumb Cake cardstock 
Stampin' Up Crochet Trim Victoria and Lucky Limeade Everyday Enchantment ribbon
Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke ink pads
Stampin' Up Perfect Plum ink refill
Pop Dots, Adhesive and a used Dryer Sheet



Base: Crumb Cake 6x12 edges inked in Chocolate Chip
Matte: Hallowe'en in Wonderland 6x6 edges inked in Always Artichoke
I cut the Scroll 10 frame and frame shadow with my Cricut and adhered the two pieces.
I then punched out the Mad Hatter tag put Lucky Limeade ribbon through the hole and popped up a clock in the corner.  Then I popped up the tag on top of the Scroll 10 frame Cricut image.  Next I cut and adhered three strips of the crochet trim to the Hallowe'en matte.  I dyed a used dryer sheet in Perfect Plum, adhered it to the paper strip "ruffling" it and popped the strip up.  Then I centered the Scroll Hatter frame and popped it up.

Hope you enjoy :)

"You use to be much more..."muchier". You've lost your muchness"
-My favorite quote from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

5 comments:

  1. The colors work out so well, great combination!!That stamp is also FANTASTIC!! I am saving the Alice in Wonderland Stamps not so long ago, so I don't have a lot yet. Again the details are beautiful!!

    Love,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece Colleen....love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! LOVE the intricate cutting behind the Mad Hatter, and the lace strips are such a lovely take on the sketch. That is one of my fave quotes too! That and "Of course it's Alice, I'd know him anywhere!"

    ReplyDelete