Monday, April 9, 2012

Strangers on a Train

Head on over to Haunted Design House and play along in the 
Macabre Monday HDH128 Challenge -

This is my entry inspired by the Hitchcock movie, Strangers on a Train.


Supplies:
Stampin' Up ink pads Basic Black and Riding Hood Red
Stampin Up Riding Hood Red ink refill 
Stampin Up Stamp Set All Aboard and 
cardstocks Very Vanilla and riding Hood Red
Stamp-n Stuff embossing powders Sterling Silver and Claret
Pop Dots, Adhesive and red Hemp



I started off by Stamping the tracks in black on the base of the card.  Then I dripped ink refill all over and stood the card up so the ink would run.  I then stamped the image of the train in black ink on vanilla cardstock and again in Riding Hood Red ink on Riding Hood Red cardstock, tearing the black image and lining it back up on the red image.  Again I dripped ink and let it run. Finishing by inking up the edges with my Versa mark pad and embossing with Silver powder then with Claret powder.  Finally I Versa marked the caboose with silver powder, double matted the image and knotted red hemp in the corner.  I really like how this card came out and hope you enjoy it and head on over to Haunted Design House to join in :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is amazing! Awesome use of your reinler for the drips and then that engine with the ripped side lined up with the red - killer!!
    Thanks so much for joining in this week for our Homage to Hitchcock challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, loving all of the gore. Thanks for playing along with macabre monday at haunted design house this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation. This is amazing. I love that train and tracks stamp. Very nice depiction of the film. Thank you very much for joining us at Haunted Design House this week :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! Awesome blood drips and all around theme (I'm digging the tracks, a lot!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! Fabulously artistic and creative! Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the use of red vs black and white and the layering.EE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well done - I will never be able to look at that stamp set or those reinkers the same again! This would make a great book jacket for a murder mystery!

    ReplyDelete