Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Masque of the Red Death

Another great challenge over at Quoth the Raven, Nevermore.
Create something using inspiration from Poe's short story The Masque of the Red Death.

I created a wall hanging...
Sorry for the picture quality, overcast day made the house pretty dark :(


Supplies:
unfinished wooden tray
mardi gras red mask
Close to my Heart Key Moments stamp set
Circut cartridge Heritage
Close to my Heart Licorice opaques
black sharpe
black and red cardstock
Skeleton
Versa marker pen and black embossing powder
Lipstick red and Midnight blue paint 
Crackling glaze
glue pen and glue dots




I started by painting the whole tray in red(let dry) then painting crackle all over inside(let dry til tacky) finally finishing with a mix of red and blue(to darken a little).  I colored the lines on the mask with the sharpe and added bling to eyes.  I wrote on the inside with the versa pen and embossed with black powder for the saying, gluing the skeleton next to the words.  I finished with embossing the clock image, fussy cutting, gluing the accents to the sides and popping the clock up in the corner.

I love the finished project! Hope you do too :)

Quoth the Raven, Nevermore: Quest 9 Masque of Red Death

3 comments:

  1. Yes I do love it.....Gorgeous wall hanging, Thanks for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS - this is an inspiration. Very clever use of the tray and a stunning final creation. Fabbo. Thank you for joining us at Quoth The Raven :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous wall hanging... its unique and wonderful way to use a tray.
    Thank you colleen for joining in with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN. BDx

    ReplyDelete