Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Showing some Love

I hope everyone had a Wonderful Memorial Day Monday.  Today my family and I went to the beach and had a picnic, then to the park and finished the day off with some Fabulous ice cream downtown.



Cookies and Cream, Black Raspberry, Death by Chocolate and mine was Almond Joy and tasted Fantastic :)

Over at Haunted Design House the Macabre Monday challenge this week is Pass the Distressing Please.
And here is my card...

I had SOOOO much fun creating this card. My OCD started to kick in while I was getting all inked up, worrying that I would smudge something, then I realized, the smudgier the better! LOL :)

Supplies:
DCWV Mainstreet paper stack
Stampin' Up Crumb Cake cardstock
scrap of brown paper, sorry don't remember the brand
Stampin' Up colored pencils
Brown grosgrain ribbon
Bugaboo Deacon skull flower digi stamp
Stampin' Up Very Vintage jumbo wheel
Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel ink pads
Moon Shadow Mist Burnt Umber
adhesive and pop dots

I started by printing out Deacon on Crumb Cake cardstock, tearing the edges and coloring the image in.  Then inking up the wheel image and rolling on the brown background paper and scrapes of the crumb cake, then tearing the edges on the brown paper and tearing the crumb cake into strips, then going over the papers with the Chocolate ink pad.  I went around the edges of the card base paper, which has these fabulous flocked cameos, with creamy caramel. Then I layered everything as shown and folding up all of the edges of the papers. I tied the ribbon onto the top strip and frayed the ends. Finaly finishing up with spraying the whole card with the burnt umber mist.  I Love the inky distressed product :)

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Haunted Design House: Macabre Monday #135 Pass the distressing please
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge: Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts: Challenge #24 Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Very well distressed and very cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image and great distressing. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you made it through your OCD and managed to distress this little cutie. Thank you for sharing this with us at Haunted Design House this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I heard a story on NPR the other day and they said that exposure theraphy helps people through OCD bouts (making people do or touch things they are afraid of) - LOL. You need to do more inky finger creations because this came out great!

    ReplyDelete