Thursday, July 26, 2012

We all float down here...

"Want your boat, Georgie?" Pennywise asked. "I only repeat myself because you really do not seem that eager." He held it up, smiling. He was wearing a baggy silk suit with great big orange buttons. A bright tie, electric-blue, flopped down his front, and on his hands were big white gloves, like the kind Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck always wore.
"Yes, sure," George said, looking into the storm drain.
"And a balloon? I've got red and green and yellow and blue..."
"Do they float?"
"Float?" The clowns grin widened. "Oh yes, indeed they do. They float! And there's cotton candy..."
George reached.
The clown seized his arm.
And George saw the clown's face change.
Exert from Stephen King's IT page 14


One of my first scary movies and favorite of all time.  Years after watching it I finally read the book and couldn't get enough. 

Over at Haunted Design House their challenge is 
And what better movie than IT!


I decided to do a stair step card so I could show more :)


Supplies:
Pennywise image from internet
Stampin' Up Going Gray and First Addition cardstock and paper
Stampin' Up Red Riding Hood reinker
Moon Shadow Mist: Mystic Malachite 
Black marker, red sharpe, black pen
Adhesive, pop dots

I drew the flood drains under the town and popped up the entrance. 
I sprayed the water ways with the mist to give it that muddy sewer water look.
Making the boat was a little tricky, because I wanted you to be able to see the sails well, finishing it with drips from the reinker.


I am entering this in the following challenges:

Haunted Design House: Movie Madness

Simon Says: Anything Goes




10 comments:

  1. Ooooh I remember reading this book when I was about 12 and couldn't read it all!! Too scary!! hehehe. I don't even think I ended up watching the movie bahahah. I love how the clown is coming out of the page

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS - this is really very cleverly done. :-) I loved the book and the film made me jump even though I knew it was coming LoL Thank you for playing at Haunted Design House this week :-0 xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, and very scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB. but scarry! I hate that clown, when I was little I was so affraid of it!! (I still don't like scary movies...and books...)haha.
    But your card looks absolutely AMAZING!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is down right frightening, but very well done! Wow! I really hate clowns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is scary but yet very cool!! Love how you made the clown peeking out from the paper with the hand! Very clever!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super scary!!! I Love it! I think Pennywise is definitely the scariest clown ever! You made a fabulous step card...and I love the fact you included the little paper boat.

    Carol (Carol's Creations)
    4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the clawlike hand coming out. Crowns are defo creepy, great piece. Thanks for playing along with macabre monday this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool! "It" is one of my faves of King's. Clowns have creeped me out ever since. Thanks for joining us at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book and movie were both very scary! I got to meet Stephen King - he was soo interesting - doesn't care a bit about what people think of him and his mind is running at full speed. He is afraid of everything - I share his fear of clowns so this one is dreadful fun! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete