Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Let's get Scrappin'



GREAT FRIENDS, GREAT FOOD AND GREAT FUN!!!

I recently was able to spend a day scrappin' with some great ladies and shorten my stack of "to be scrapped" pictures, which seems to be a never ending pile :) I love using stamps to create backgrounds and add that special something to a LO that stickers just can't quite do.

Here are some of the pages I was able to complete...

                                                           
This LO is using the Ivy, Sentiment and Flourish from Nature Notes.  I stamped around the border with the ivy stamp in Stampin' Up's Always Artichoke ink pad then sponged to age it. The paper pack is from the Close to my Heart, Victory paper pack. I felt it needed something to anchor the page so I stamped the flourish in Early Espresso and punched them out using a circle punch. Then I stamped the sentiment, rounding the corners and distressing. Finishing it off by popping up the sentiment and flourishes.


                                                
For my second LO I took inspiration from the pennant in the Just Sayin' full plate. Again I used papers from the Close to my Heart Victory pack. I stamped the Swerving line, Pennant and Cluster of blocks from the Just sayin' full plate using Stampin' Ups Night of Navy ink pad.  I thought the swerving line was prefect for the "string" to hang the name pennant on writing the letters with a Maroon journaling pen and popping up every other one. The cluster of blocks I then stamped all over the background paper which made the page just a little more interesting.



And for my final LO I took inspiration from my son's Bruins shirt.  And what better stamps to use but the one's from Getting Grizzly, this is such a versatile set. I have made polar bears, grizzly bears and now bruins :) The papers and inks I used are from Stampin' Up. I began by stamping the Honey comb all around the border, Happy Birthday (from Nature Notes) and Bees in the middle making dots for the bee trails. But my favorite element on this page, other than my son of course, are the bears that I stamped on brown and colored in with a black marker, fussy cutting then popping up in the corner. I rounded out the page with Close to my Hearts durables square studs in each corner.

I hope you've enjoyed and been inspired to get stampin and scrappin :)
And don't forget to check out Rogue Redhead Designs to view the Fabulous stamps shown.

I'm entering the following into these Challenges:

Oldie but a Goodie: Anything but Christmas
Papers :)

Dream Valley Challenges: Anything Goes

Kaboodle Doodles Challenge: Use Plaid
Pepe and Cohen LO (middle one)




5 comments:

  1. wonderful paper tiering! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Plaid” Challenge!

    Kath - Admin
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your layouts. Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layouts. Thank you for sharing them with us at Dream Valley.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful layouts ! I love the Carpe Diem...it is a favorite saying of mine :)
    Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts Colleen, what a lovely collection of memories!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Oldie But A Goodie this week and good luck in the challenge
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete