Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nature Notes Sunset


I love to watch the sunset! I know that sounds cliche but it's true. And I'm amazed at the many different shades it comes in. There's the blues that fade to oranges, the purples that fade to reds...etc. 
So I took inspiration from the Tree scene in Nature Notes.


Supplies:
Rogue Redhead Designs: Nature Notes stamp plate
Copic markers: R24, R22, R20
Stampin' Up Basic Black, Calypso Coral and Blush Blossom ink pads
Stampin' Up Whisper White cardstock, brad and punch
Flower, little pink flower brads, adhesive and pop dots


I love how this stamp lends it's self to so many possibilities.


I used Copic markers to color the trees, background, the lines going around the edge and the coloring on the flower. The tree scene, sentiment and flourish are stamped using Stampin Up ink pads.  The brad and punch are from Stampin up also.  The flower is from a fake plant my Sister gave me. And finally I placed 3 pink flowers brads in each corner.

I'm entering this card into the following Challenges:

Unscripted Sketches: #195

Shopping our Stash: #87 (I chose red)



7 comments:

  1. I'm a sunset gal too ... although usually more of a sunrise since I'm an early riser ... love how you colored one of my favorite RRD stamps ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colouring and great use of the sketch. You can never go past a beautiful sunset... in fact I watched the sunset last night, my hubby and I went out for Italian at a cute little restaurant over looking the ocean. Thanks for sharing your take on this weeks sketch at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty sunset! Love the interesting layout too! Thanks for joining the challenge at Shopping Our Stash this week!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fresh interpretation of the sketch! Love it! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the sunsets, too! You have captured it beautifully in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your sunset--reminds me of my dad's painting hanging on my wall.

    ReplyDelete